- 2-8 Ounce-Pizza Dough Balls-store bought or see recipe below for Caraway Pizza Dough
- To Taste-Caraway Seeds-(optional toasted and bashed)
- 2 Cups-Corned Beef-cooked and cooled, shredded or sliced thin
- 2 Cups-Cabbage-sliced thin
- 3 Tablespoons-Unsalted Butter
- To Taste-Kosher Salt/Black Pepper
- ¼ Cup-Apple Cider Vinegar
- To Cover-Water
- 3 Cups-Swiss Cheese-grated
- 1 Recipe-Spicy 1000 Island Dressing-see recipe below
Spicy 1000 Island Dressing:
- 1/4 Cup-Mayonnaise
- 1/8 Cup-Ketchup
- 2 Tablespoons-Pickled Jalapenos Peppers-drained and finely chopped
- 1/2 Teaspoon-Black Pepper
- 1 Each-Hard Boiled Egg-finely chopped
Mix all ingredients together until well combined, place in covered container and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Make dough according to recipe and start cabbage while dough it rising.
- To make cabbage, melt butter in a large pot over medium high heat.
- Add cabbage, vinegar and season with salt and pepper.
- Stir to wilt cabbage and continue to cook for about 3 minutes.
- Cover with water, bring to a boil and simmer until tender, about 30 minutes.
- Flatten both dough balls into an oblong shape.
- Smear on some the dressing, top with cheese, corned beef and cabbage.
- Bake until golden, about 7 minutes, cut and serve.
Caraway Pizza Dough
- 1 Cups-Warm Water
- 1 Tablespoon-Active Dry Yeast
- 2 Tablespoons-Granulated Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons- Olive/Canola/Vegetable Oil
- 2 Teaspoons-Kosher Salt
- 1 Tablespoon-Caraway Seed-Toasted and bashed
- 2 ½-3 Cups-All Purpose/Bread Flour
- Combine warm water with yeast and sugar.
- Set timer and let rise for 10 minutes.
- Warm bowl of stand up mixer/mixing bowl with warm water.
- Add yeast water to bowl and add oil, salt, caraway and 2 ½ cups flour.
- Add bowl to stand up mixer and attach the dough hook.
- Mix on low speed until a sticky ball of dough is formed, add remaining flour if necessary.
- Place dough in lightly oiled bowl, cover, set timer for one hour and let rise.
- Divide into two potions, roll into balls and use immediately.